1. Protecting your privacy
- * We don't run banner ads, pop ups, pop unders, or any other kind of commercial ads.
- * We don't share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- * We don't engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs with other sites.
- * We don't employ tracking devices for marketing purposes ("cookies", "web beacons," single-pixel gifs).
- * We don't send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- * We offer email anonymization & relay, to reduce 3rd party harvesting & spam.
- * Account information is password-protected. Keep your password safe.
- * Forums use basic webserver authentication. Close your browser to log out.
- * ListSomething.com does not knowingly collect any information from persons under the age of 13. If ListSomething.com learns that a posting is by a person under the age of 13, ListSomething.com will remove that post.
- * ListSomething.com, or people who post on ListSomething.com, may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
2. Data we collect
- * We sometimes collect your email address, for purposes such as sending self-publishing and confirmation emails, authenticating user accounts, providing subscription email services, registering for forums, etc.
- * For paid job postings, we collect contact information, such as name(s), phone/fax number(s), and address for billing purposes. You may need to provide additional information about your organization if you wish to qualify for a non-profit job posting account.
- * ListSomething.com does not store credit card information. Credit card transactions are transmitted to a financial gateway, and we endeavor to protect the security of your payment information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology.
- * We may collect personal information if you provide it in feedback or comments, post it on our classifieds or interactive forums, or if you contact us directly. Please do not post any personal information on ListSomething.com's forums or classifieds that you expect to keep private.
- * Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the ListSomething.com site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
- * Google's use of the DART cookie enables it to serve ads to you based on your visit sites on the Internet
- * We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here
3. Data we store
- * All classified and forum postings are stored in our database, even after "deletion," and may be archived elsewhere.
- * Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
- * Registered job posters can access and update their account information through the Your Account page.
- * Subscribers can manage their subscriptions through the Subscription Management page.
- * Although we make good faith efforts to store the information in a secure operating environment that is not available to the public, we cannot guarantee complete security.
4. Archiving and display of ListSomething.com postings by search engines and other sites
- Search engines and other sites not affiliated with ListSomething.com - including archive.org, google.com, and groups.yahoo.com - archive or otherwise make available ListSomething.com postings, including resumes
5. Circumstances in which ListSomething.com may release information
- * ListSomething.com may disclose information about its users if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
6. International Users
- By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of ListSomething.com we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in the United States. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.